The Twelve Steps of Life Recovery are a set of biblical principles in addiction treatment that outline a course of action for tackling problems such as drug and alcohol addiction, overeating, sex addiction, and more. There are 12 Christian Foundations that Life Recovery is based on.
- The Bible supports all the truths expressed in the Life Recovery process.
It is the foundation for recovery and—ultimately—how we should live. We read in 2 Timothy 3:16b, “It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.”
- Jesus is not just the Higher Power of Life Recovery but the Higher Power of all people.
Here’s a counter-cultural truth: All paths do not lead to God. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. (more…)
Articles on Recovery, Relationships/Marriage
- Take a step of courage and place yourself in situations where you can meet people, like a church, social clubs or book club involving your interests. Say yes to invitations for gatherings you would otherwise find an excuse to not attend.
- If you want a friend – be a friend. Get involved in service or ministry opportunities. You will be connecting with others who are serving and who are in need of help.
- Proverbs 22:11 says – He who loves with a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend. Keep your motives pure. Avoid manipulation and don’t desire someone’s friendship for social status or other selfish reasons.
- Don’t rush it. People desperate for friends often overwhelm potential friends by getting too personal too quickly. This can scare off acquaintances that might otherwise become friends over time. Deep, lasting friendships take time to develop. (more…)