Many people excitedly set New Year’s resolutions every year, and losing weight is at the top of their list. But by the time February rolls around, most give up on their goals of getting healthier. Anyone can change their mindset and habits—when they do, they are much more likely to lose weight and finally live free.
- Develop a new way of eating.
Stuck in yo-yo dieting? Decide to stop dieting. Instead, eat real foods in moderation. And put an end to eating processed foods. There’s nothing wrong with indulging occasionally. But if an individual can’t stop eating unhealthy foods or consistently overeats, they’re in bondage. Make it a goal not to be mastered by anything this year.
- Develop a new way of moving.
One of the best ways a person can honor their Creator is by taking care of their body. 1 Corinthians 6:20 says, “You were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your bodies.” (more…)
On New Year’s Day, we are excited to set New Year’s resolutions and accomplish them. But within 30 days, most of us quit.
We’re initially looking forward to doing whatever it takes to reach our resolutions. But as reality sets in, we become less and less excited. It’s hard work to meet our goals—many of us give up on them altogether.
Is there a way we can accomplish our New Year’s resolutions and make them stick? Yes, absolutely! We can learn three principles from farming.
Get rid of contaminants. (more…)
Are you stuck? Feeling like you cannot get things done? Here are some steps to get you moving in the right direction:
1. Avoid distractions.
In our tech-filled world, it’s easy to let technology distract us. Turn off the TV; hide your phone; take a break from social media. By overcoming constant distractions like technology, the less likely you’ll be to procrastinate.
2. Establish goals.
Most people never write their goals down. Write them down—keep a daily journal. Research shows that by writing down your goals, you’re more likely to accomplish them! (more…)
We all love a promise of a fresh start! Where do we begin? Here are some keys to achieving your goals:
- Start with God. Trusting God with your goals means believing that He is the source of all good things and that He can instruct you about what is good.
- Make following God your primary goal, then as you reach your other goals, He will guide you in determining what they are and in reaching them.
- To reach your goals, say “yes” to who you are and “no” to others’ definitions and expectations of you.
- Sometimes it is just not God’s will that we reach a particular goal. Yet it is not His will that you never reach any of your goals. If that seems to be happening, look for how it may be a pattern in your life that needs addressing. (more…)