- Make amends
Take steps to correct any problems you may have caused for others and acknowledge to them your regret for causing difficulty in their lives . . . Pursue peace with all men and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord. – Heb. 12:14
- Make friends with failure
The fear of failure can hold you back from success. Most successful people have failed many more times than they’ve succeeded.
- Don’t say yes when you mean no
If you feel it is always your “duty” to say yes to a certain person, that may be reflective of an unhealthy relationship.
- Take a step of courage and place yourself in situations where you can meet people, like a church, social clubs or book club involving your interests. Say yes to invitations for gatherings you would otherwise find an excuse to not attend.
- If you want a friend – be a friend. Get involved in service or ministry opportunities. You will be connecting with others who are serving and who are in need of help.
- Proverbs 22:11 says – He who loves with a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend. Keep your motives pure. Avoid manipulation and don’t desire someone’s friendship for social status or other selfish reasons.
- Don’t rush it. People desperate for friends often overwhelm potential friends by getting too personal too quickly. This can scare off acquaintances that might otherwise become friends over time. Deep, lasting friendships take time to develop. (more…)